Friday, November 6, 2009

I have two peach trees that never produce fruit. They blossom, but the peaches never grow.?

How do I get the trees to produce fruit? I have fertilized, top the branches, and everything else I could think of. I live in Houston, Texas.

I have two peach trees that never produce fruit. They blossom, but the peaches never grow.?
There's a difference between an ornamental peach and a fruit bearing peach. The ornamentals may be almost sterile as they were bred for their excellent flowers, not their fruit.





If you believe your trees are the fruit bearing type, could be it's just too warm in Houston. Peaches grow better in the Hill country where the winters are colder.





Also the comment about pruning is right on. Peaches bear on last year's wood only. So tipping back all the shoots eliminates the flowers.





Here's a website that might help. If nothing else it reminds you to contact your extension office and ask the agent there in Houston why you are having trouble with peaches. I know there is a warm season peach .......is that what you have?





http://aggie-orticulture.tamu.edu/hillco...
Reply:Are you sure its not a "moch" peach tree?


Are you pruning correctly?


Before the bloom/ and or in the fall? (only)


I'm not sure the age of the tree but some do not produce fruit for 2-4yrs.



beauty quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

peach Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting